Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

The Prodigy Mariachi

WMS Sixth Grader Wows the Judges on America’s Got Talent
Photo Credit: NBC

Woodcreek’s very own sixth grader Eduardo Trevino recently appeared on America’s Got Talent and won rave reviews from all four judges. Performing a mariachi number called La Charreada, Trevino wowed the judges with his talented voice and stage presence. 

Eduardo Trevino is a mariachi singer. Eduardo has been singing since he was a toddler, and he first picked up the guitar in 2020. Eduardo first sang at a restaurant for a competition called Lake Houston’s Got Talent. Most recently, he appeared on America’s Got Talent. During the deliberations, he was chosen to advance to the Semifinals.

Eduardo was inspired to start singing mariachi because of his grandfather. He wanted to take on the legacy because, “My grandfather recorded music in 1926,” he told Sofia Vergara. But financial needs forced him “to give up the dream.” Now that Eduardo is older he has a new goal know and that is to become like Vicente Fernandez. Known as “the king of ranchera music,” Fernandez was famous for songs about love that were “familiar to the U.S. Hispanics and people across the Spanish-speaking world”. Now, Eduardo is aiming to the be the best in the league.

Eduardo will be appearing next on Americas Got Talent on Septemper 11, but the show will be live on September 20. Eduardo needs money to get to California, so if you want to support you can donate to the Go fund me.

Donate to Woodcreek Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Woodcreek Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.