Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

We All Need a Coach like Tiffany Thompson

Getting to Know the New Volleyball Coach
Ar
Coach Thompson confers with her team during the game against Humble Middle School.

This year, Coach Tiffany Thompson has taken on a new role at Woodcreek Middle School as a math teacher and volleyball coach.

She pushes the students to be their best selves, anything they want to be good at takes work and effort, and sometimes they need someone to push them because they might not do it on their own.

Coach Thompson said “I’m going to push them to be their best. They won’t always like it, but they’ll know I’m doing it because I genuinely care and want them to be the best they can be.

Coach Thompson encourages students to be supportive and to be good leaders. SHe wants them to be the best they can be and to all work together.

Coach Thompson said, “Being a coach and a teacher gives me a deeper connection to a lot of my students, but it also reminds me that I’m not the only one working a dual role. Our athletes are students AND athletes!”  

Coach Thompson watches on as her team celebrates a successful play. (Mia B.)

Coach Thompson is such a great leader because her students can relate to her, and they know that she has their best interest at heart.

Last year, Coach Thompson only taught math strategies. This year, she is teaching 8th grade Math and coaching volleyball.  

Coach Thompson said this transition was “ like going from riding a bike to hopping on a full speed train and I’m just waiting for it to slow down!” 

She has gone through many changes throughout the years, but is still positive and excited for the future! So watch out, Lions! We are going to have the best year yet! Get those knee pads and dive into this year with Math teacher and coach, Tiffany Thompson, as she leads us all to district.

Donate to Woodcreek Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Woodcreek Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.