Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

Lions vs Gators

Only One Can Win

The Woodcreek Lions vs. the Autumn Ridge Gators football game is going to be one of the biggest games of the year.

Crowds will be huge.

The game will be loud.

But it all come down to who takes it home. 

The Woodcreek Lions will be taking on the Autumn Ridge Gators on September 25-26th at Summer Creek High School. The Lions have been preparing for this game since the very first practice. They have been training, and working very hard just to make it to this game.

Coach Detrick Jones says that “This is a big time game coming up with ARMS! We control our own destiny right now for 7th grade B-team, and both 8th grade teams. A win against them would be huge.” He says that a win against them would be huge. Coach Jones feels excited yet also nervous about playing Autumn Ridge. He says “We get 1% better each day. This team is getting stronger each time they step on the field for practice and games¨. He has been preparing each and every player on the team for 7th and 8th grade. Coach Jones has prepared them for every game they’ve played and mostly for this one. 

8th grade A-team captain, Carter Jack, has been helping lead his team to where they are now. He has been putting in lots of work in order to help his team be the best version of themselves on and off the field. He is very eager to be playing against Autumn Ridge. He says that it is going to be a very big game because it’s a rival team. He has been very ready to get to the game and just play. He says that the team has been preparing for this moment and that they will do great! He says the team will do their best and whatever they have to do to win.

Autumn Ridge is mostly former students from Woodcreek so it’s going to be loud. This game is going to be huge, and it could be better with more support from students. Tell your friends and tell your family. Let’s have a great game and send the Gators back to the swamp!