Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

Introducing Ms. Holli Sadler!

From Substitute to Invaluable In-Class-Support

Ms. Holli Sadler has transitioned from a great sub to an even better in-class support teacher. 

Ms. Sadler went to Texas Tech University to get a degree in Home Economics Education. During her time in college, however, the program underwent a change that would have required her to get two degrees, so she had to change her major. She instead chose Fashion Design with a minor in Science. After graduating, she got her first job teaching  at Houston Community College. From there, she got a masters degree in Education from Lamar University.

Ms. Sadler had wanted to be a teacher since she was in high school. She had a few teachers in high school that made a good impression on the way she viewed teaching. She has now been a teacher for 17 years, and 15 of those years were here in Humble ISD. For thirteen years, she served as the Vocational Coordinator/Transition Specialist at Atascocita High School where she was in charge of the vocational/work program for special education high school students. Through this job, she worked with special education high school students. She mainly worked with juniors/seniors to guarantee a smooth transition from high school to college. Ms. Sadler took some time off of teaching to go and fight cancer from 2021-2023. 

Once she began to feel better, “it didn’t feel right to stay home¨ she said. She then decided to come back to teaching and work with students. She came back to be a substitute teacher in the fall of 2022, and was hired as a full-time substitute teacher at Woodcreek Middle School in the spring of 2023. She took a full-time teaching position this school year as a special education co-teacher for science classes at WMS this fall.

Ms. Sadler works with Knoshon Smith on a science assignment. (Mia B.)

Ms. Sadler said “I was drawn to [Woodcreek Middle School] because of the culture and the overwhelming feeling of community that the teachers exude! It is a great place to come to work everyday.” Ms. Sadler says that “I love what I am doing. It is back to my roots as a teacher. I had been in more of a leadership position prior to this and I really missed the student connection on a day to day basis. So, being in the classroom is really a joy for me.”