Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

One Last Dance

WMS 8th Graders Reflect on Their 8th Grade Spring Formal
8th Grade Assistant Principal, Ruben Pineda poses with several students at the dance.

On April 26th the 8th graders at Woodcreek Middle School had their 8th grade dance. Many 8th graders were excited for the dance because they were able to dress up fancy, hangout with friends, and party with each other outside of school. 

Students all agreed that they would 100% relive this night! 

Caleb Martinez said, “I wish the DJ played better music, but there were some songs that were good.”

In October, students also had an in-school social. Kaori Salas said “I prefer the dance more because it wasn’t in the gym, so we had more space to be around. Plus it was outside of school.”

Sadie Almaguer said “We were able to dress up however we liked, but for the social, it was also decades day, so we didn’t get to choose how we were dressed.”

Most of the 8th graders favorite song was either the cha cha slide or the cupid shuffle because those are two of the best songs to dance to! 

While food and drinks were offered at the dance, some students said they wish the selection had been better. Spencer Trotter said that “There wasn’t that big of a selection for snacks and drinks, and the pizza wasn’t that good.”

Overall, however, the 8th graders really enjoyed their night at the dance and it was a total success for the students and the PTO.