Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

First Football Game Next Week!

The first football game for Woodcreek Middle School was supposed to be on August 29th against Humble Middle School, but it was rescheduled to the last game of the season due to the extreme hot weather. Now, the first game is on September 5th for 7th grade at Atascocita High School and September 6th for 8th grade at Charles St. Stadium against Timberwood Middle School. 

Last school year the now 8th graders that were on B team won the district championship, going undefeated the whole season. As the current reigning district champs, they now have the target on their backs and they are expected to win back to back titles. 

Coach Jones, the head coach for the football team, described their preparation by saying, “due to the circumstances of the weather the team has been doing as much as they can with conditioning and running drills.” In addition, the team also had a strength and conditioning camp to help the boys improve over the summer. 

This year, the captains of the 8th grade football team are Carter Jack, Caleb Martinez and Courtlen Grigsby. When asked how they feel for their first game, all of them admitted to being nervous, but they were very eager to put pads back on and get onto the field. All agreed that the coaches had done well preparing them for their hard work, and they used their job as captain to help their fellow teammates by correcting them when they were wrong. These young men are leaders off and on the field and are admired by many.

So are you ready to watch both 7th and 8th grade play their first game? Because these boys are ready to play and dominate once again.