Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

WMS Counselors Build on Character

The Woodcreek Counselors, Ms. Reyna, Ms. Cavazos and Ms. Watkins are so  excited to start this school year with Woodcreek students and families! They have some great things planned for our Woodcreek Lions.

This year, thanks to our amazing Parent Teacher Organization, PTO, we have a new SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Program called Character Strong. View the family letter in our newsletter below for more information.

Counselor Newsletter linked here.

Advisory Lessons will be featuring College Career Military Readiness (CCMR) Videos that will help engage students to future career possibilities. In addition, counselors will have two Personalized Individual Meetings with each student focusing on CCMR and social emotional wellness. Anyone interested in joining the Advisory Council in which the counselors review program goals and results are encouraged to reach out to counselors.

Complete our Needs Assessment to help us identify what parent meetings and student groups are in need this year.

This week in their Social Studies classes, students filled out their own Needs Assessment Form. If your family is experiencing difficulty at home, the counselors would like to provide additional support at school. They understand that parents and guardians are not always able to share details and that’s okay. If your child is coming to school after a difficult night, morning, or weekend, please send a quick note to the links below that says, ‘Handle with Care.’ Nothing else will be said or asked. This will let us know that your child may need extra time, patience, or help during the day.

Contact 6th grade counselor – Ms. Reyna  

Contact 7th grade counselor – Ms. Cavazos 

Contact 8th grade counselor – Ms. Watkins 

Upcoming Events: 

Start with Hello Week Sept. 18 – 22

September is Gold Fight Win Month in which students and staff work together to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer. 

Donate to Woodcreek Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Woodcreek Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.