Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

Art Week 5 Update!

Congratulations to 7th grader, Alex Fraundorf for her cross-hatch dragon being chosen to represent WMS Art classes in the Texas Art Educator’s Association state convention.  Amazing job!

All WMS Art students will have an Art Fee of $30 to cover all supplies used during the semester.  Please pay on Rev Trak:

https://humbleisd.revtrak.net/Middle-Schools/Woodcreek-Middle-School/wms-class-fees/wms-art-/#/list

Beginning Art: Exploring chalk pastels on paper and wet cloth. They are finishing up their Fall chalk piece and continuing to learn about the Art Element, “LINE.”

Intermediate Art:  Finishing their self portraits with chalk pastel and learning about the Principle of Design term “BALANCE.”

Advanced Art:  Continuing their study of chalk pastels and learning about the artist, Keith Haring.

Applied Art:  Finishing up their triskeles and starting their magazine collages.

Arts & Crafts:  Finishing their self portrait using magazine collages.

Art Club:  Open to anyone who loves Art.  You do not have to be enrolled in an Art class to attend.  Next meeting:  September 13, Wednesday, 4-4:45 pm in room 308.  Ask your teacher for a pass to be in the hall after school.  Club meets every other Wednesday.

Anime Club:  Open to anyone who loves Anime.  You do not have to be enrolled in an Art class to attend.  Next meeting:  September 20, Wednesday, 4-4:45 pm in room 408.  Ask your teacher for a pass to be in the hall after school.  Club meets every other Wednesday.