Woodcreek Press

The Student News Site of Woodcreek Middle School

Woodcreek Press

Woodcreek Press

Week 3 of Theatre!

Theatre II has been cleaning the theatre space and reorganizing the backstage/dressing rooms to start the year clean and organized! We will begin our Intro to Auditions next week.

Theatre I (7th/8th) have been learning the parts of the stage and stage areas! Next week we will begin learning Theatre Warm-Ups and Ensemble Exercises. 

Tech Theatre has been planning out their prop food project! Next week we will begin sketching and designing our prop food, and figuring out the best ways to construct them.

Intro to Theatre (6th Grade Theatre) has been doing amazing at creating an ensemble and learning the parts of the theatre! Next week we will review the areas of the stage and begin introducing theatre warm-ups and ensemble exercises into our class.

The first play of the school year is underway! We will have an Audition Information Meeting on Monday, August 21st after school from 4pm-5pm in the WMS Amphitheater. All who are interested (acting or tech crew) should attend. If you can not attend, see Mr. DeBerardinis in Room 708 for info.

• Auditions for the Fall Play will be held Friday, August 25th from 4pm-7pm in the WMS Amphitheater. Students will not be needed the entire time, the audition for each student will be only a couple minutes long. Callbacks will be held next Monday, August 28th from 4pm-7pm. The callback list will have a select amount of students listed, so if you are not on that list, this will not pertain to you. If you are on the callback list and you have a conflict with this date/time, please see Mr. DeBerardinis.
  • WMS Theatre’s first Thespian Troupe Meeting will be held Tuesday, August 22nd from 7:50 am – 8:20 am in the WMS Amphitheater. Students need a morning meeting pass in order to attend. Please see Mr. DeBerardinis for a morning pass before Tuesday!

Donate to Woodcreek Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Woodcreek Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.